Monday, June 7, 2010

50th Birthday - Park City Escape

Celebrated the big 50 in style this month on a get away weekend with my sister Janet.

Picked Janet up at the Salt Lake airport and the two of us drove to Park City for a few days. We stayed at the Westgate Resort & Spa (in the Canyons) and felt like pampered princesses.


The room, or should I say suite, we had was just awesome. It had a fully stocked kitchen (fridge, stove, dishwasher), huge dining area, living room with a fireplace & entertainment system.

Janet setting up shop for work.

And the bedroom? Oh that was to die for! We had a gigantic king sized bed (with more pillows than bed) and huge jacuzzi bathtub. Awesome!!!


JACUZZI + CHAMPAGNE = RELAXATION

Highlights of our week included: shopping on Main St., hiking, touring spas, Farmers Market, visiting the wine store, hot tubs/steam/sauna/jacuzzi, cooking, listening to musicals, and watching movies (even if they all were duds).

On my birthday, we went to a fabulous bar for lunch at the Sky Lodge called "Le Bar Boheme". We had the best French Onion Soup I've ever French Onion Soup made with Bourbon, Onion Soup, and baked with Provolone and Gruyère Cheese. With that, we had an incredible bottle of wine (that I wrote down the name of .... and promptly lost).

All in all, it was a wonderful get away. I think that spending such a milestone birthday at a resort and spa... is much more preferable to parties where people buy you "OVER THE HILL" presents and decorate your birthday cake with tombstones.

When I got home, Devon and the kids hosted a small celebration at home. Devon even bought me a Strawberry Whipped Cream cake... he's finally learning that I don't like chocolate.