Friday, April 11, 2008

It's still snowing here!


Woke up, once again, to a yard full of snow! Incredible. I guess we really aren't in Phoenix anymore.
I am definately going to honor the recommendation for not planting in Zone 4 prior to Memorial Day. We'll probably end up having a blizzard on Mother's Day.

Our little sprouts are still doing well in their respective grow boxes. The Zinnias are outgrowing their accomodations, which required me to take off the lid. I had a talk with Sandy, my gardening consultant & Mother-in-law, about them this morning on the telephone. Sany thinks that the best thing to do is transplant those zinnias in a deeper grow box and get them into the sun.
I am heading off to the store now to buy some deeper containers. Don't want my babies to keel over and die.
P.S. Sandy is right. Taking care of a garden is like taking care of an children. They take up a lot of your time.