Friday, April 10, 2009

California Dreaming


For the past few months I have been feeling the urge to see the ocean. Anyone that knows me, knows that there is nothing I like better than to sit at the beach and watch the ocean waves crash onto the shore.

So, a few weeks ago, my mother-in-law calls with a propostion I couldn't refuse. "How about coming out to California for Spring Break?"

Despite my hesitancy to subject my sciatica (aka "pain in the butt) to a 13 hour car ride... I decide to throw caution to wind and say "YES!!!" A visit to California, would not only allow me to get my much needed "ocean fix", but would also allow us to visit Carolynn and Phil (my inlaws) in their new home in Camarillo. Plus, there was going to be the added feature of Joshua and David getting to spend Spring Break with their cousins, who were flying down from Portland, OR.

Even though we did the beach EVERY single day... I still left California wanting more!


I think that it means that one day I am destined to live on the coast. So maybe when the kids are grown up and Devon and I are old and gray, we'll be at a point in our life where we can make my dream come true.