Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Snow


Well... it's hard to believe that here it is "September" and we had our first snow of the season today.

Yesterday is hot and sunny. Upper 70's, maybe even low 80's. Then last night, a strange wind came in, promising "something wicked this way comes". By 10:00 pm we were hit with rain. That cold, dark, rain... that makes you close all the windows.

Well, it rained all night long. Then this morning... it felt a might bit chilly. Next thing I knew, as I was waiting for the coffee to brew, it started snowing. Wow. Snow in September. Who would have thought could happen?

Of course, since it was about 37 degrees, it wasn't cold enough to stay on the lawn. But you can see that it stayed on that mountain.

I haven't even had a chance to post my Fall "leaves turning colors" photos. It was just starting to get so very pretty around here. I sure hope the premature winter doesn't interupt the show.

Meanwhile, my family is busy in the backyard picking all of our final crops. If we are now so cold it's snowing... we think that we need to just harvest what's left before they all freeze. Joshua just yelled up, "Mom we've got more penguins!" Which is our family code word for giant zuchinni. So I guess we are going to be busy doing more shredding... and making even more zuchinni bread.