Friday, March 19, 2010

March Break in Phoenix - Day 7

Friday

Today, everyone came to Ahwatukee to visit us. Much to my horror, the day before my "tire light" on my dashboard started to flash. Oh brother. So I headed in to Discount Tire and discovered that I had a tire about to blow. So the next thing I know, I am on the phone with Devon debating whether we should order 2 new tires or 4. It ends up, that when you have all wheel drive, you end up having to buy your tires in quads.

So after dropping my car off, I drove up to Scottsdale (in Janet's car) to pick up my mom and two dozen donuts from Dunkin Donuts. Pet peeve number #361 about living in Utah, we have NO Donut Stores here. How nutty is that?

Gail & Josh then arrived. Followed closely behind by Joan & Austen.

We spent the morning, chit chatting in the backyard, while the kids played board games and compared their coin collections

Austen, David, Joshua, Molly, & Josh
Notice the GI Joe on guard?



Mum suggested I buy two boxes of Dunkin Donuts.
She was right! Everyone loved them.


Gail & Joan Enjoying coffee & donuts

Then we accompanied the kids to the pool. Even though it was not the heated pool... everyone enjoyed themself at the pool. It was so much fun.

David, Josh, & Austen in the unheated pool.
Brrrrrrr.



Picnic lunch poolside.
Gail, David, Austen, Joshua, Molly, & Josh.


Gail & I don't swim.
We just pose for photos by the pool.


Finished the evening with a lovely Shabbat dinner (baked salmon) and visiting with the family. Even had a traditional English treat for dessert... Spotted Dick with Bird's Custard. It was so good that even David liked it!


The Fab Four!
Terry, Me, Janet, & mum.


Three generations of Findlay girls!
Terry, me, Alex, Janet, & mum.
(My mum looks like she's riding a roller coaster!)

Eventually, came the time for mom to go home. Janet offered to drive mom back to Scottsdale so that I could start packing the car. Then, David and I headed to Janet's hot tub for one last soak. As I sat in the spa (enjoying the heat) I could not figure out how on earth I ever left Phoenix two years ago.

It had been awesome week, spending time visiting with my family & friends. The weather had been absolutely perfect and I was nowhere near ready to return to Utah. Of course, since this is where my hubby, beloved little weiner dogs, and my house is.... I guess staying in AZ is not really an option.

Perhaps, my next visit should be in mid August, when it's 120 degrees and Utah's in the 70's?