Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Break in Phoenix - Day 2

Sunday

Terry & Alex arrived with mum, who was carrying in a big box of bagels. Thank you mum!

Brandi, Nate, & Ava (who just so happened to be in Phoenix for a wedding that weekend) arrived just in time to join us for breakfast. So, the whole family was able to have a leisurely visit and catch up.

We are looking for a good word to describe our family that is related in so many crazy ways. The word... interconnected is all we could come up with. We realized that the one common denominator at the table is that EVERYONE there was related to Joshua and David by blood (I will include a cast of characters... at the end of this post.

The only exception, is Nate.... because he just married into the crazy clan. So, he's not related to anyone by blood, except for Ava. But, if J& D are related by blood to Ava and so is Nate... then I think we can include him in this Interconnected Family.

All of us sitting around Janet's dining room table.



Family is getting so big now, that I had to take our group shot in two takes.


Mum & Joshua.



Brandi & Joshua played a game of chess.
The first round, brother killed his sister in just a few moves.

But on the next round... it was a different story.


Joshua & mum.
That's one very excited grandma!



The Newlyweds in the backyard. Brandi, Ava, & Nate.
Their family is set to increase by one more in just a few weeks.


Me, Ava, & Brandi. It was so sweet that Ava remembered Grandma Gillian. (Although, I think I might have her call me Gi Gi.
I'm too young to be a grandma.)



Brandi and Molly (David peeking in the background). Brandi's the oldest... she's the niece. Molly's the youngest... she's the aunt. Go figure!


Molly & Alex. Who are miraculously the same age!
Molly's my Sister-in-Law and
Alex is my niece.


Molly, mum, Joshua, & David.


Okay here's the cast of characters --- in terms of relatedness to Joshua & David:

Janet - their aunt (my sister)
Terry - their aunt (my sister)
Patricia/Bubba - their grandmother (my mum)
Molly - their aunt (Devon's sister)
Brandi - their sister (Devon's daughter)
Nate - their brother-in-law (Brandi's husband)
Ava - their neice (Brandi's daughter)
Alex- their cousin (Terry's daughter)
Me - their mother