Saturday, March 13, 2010

March Break in Phoenix - Day 1

Our March break in Phoenix began on Saturday, March 13th, 2010. (Sorry Devon to desert you on your birthday!).

At the request of all the grandmothers (aka Grandma Pat & Grandma T) I brought the boys along. My sister-in-law, Molly, came along too. She was itching to get away from the USU dorm (not to mention UT snow) and thought a trip to Arizona would be fun. So on the first day of Molly's March Break... we loaded up the car and took off.

Our drive to Phoenix was effortless. When we were somewhere on the road, between Page and Flagstaff, I got a phone call from my mother-in-law. Carolynn wanted to know if we "had left UT at 4:00 am to avoid the blizzard?" When I asked, "What blizzard?", she told me about the one she and Phil were driving in... in Southern Utah. Boy, what a difference a few hours can make.


David waving to the camera.
Somewhere between Page & Flagstaff.


Saturday Night

We arrived at my sister Janet's just in time for dinner. After gobbling down some Costco Pizza (love the new Margaritta style), the ladies headed over to Ruffinos in Ahawatukee for a nightcap. Janet's friend, John, was the piano bar featured entertainer that night. He is absolutely awesome and plays anything. Except for the one song Molly requested. I think it was John Denver!

David would have loved all the Beatles music. I guess we should have brought him with us.


Molly & John (The Piano Man)


BLOG EDITORS NOTE: Since I am obviously going to run out of space on this post, or have so many photos (that it will cause your computer to crash). I will post a separate entry for each additional day of our trip.